Saturday, March 29, 2014

Stacking the Shelves #7

 Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you recently acquired, be it a physical or virtual copy, a book borrow from the library or purchased. This is a weekly meme that is hosted by Tynga's Reviews, so be sure to check there on Saturdays and see what everyone else has added to their shelves!

This STS finishes my ALA haul from Jan. 26th and starts the Jan. 27th finds. All title link to Goodreads.

The Undead Pool / Kim Harrison / February 25, 2014

I really enjoy urban fantasy and this series has been on my radar for a while. I just haven’t taken the plunge and gotten into it. Hopefully this will be the push I need to start it, I rea the first book in the Madison Avery series and thought it was a very interesting take on reapers, so hopefully The Hollows will live up to my expectations. 





Under a Silent Moon / Elizabeth Haynes / April 15, 2014

This is the first in a new detective series, which tells the story of two mysterious deaths that happen on the same night on the outskirts of the same town. Told over a period of six days the story is fast moving and full of shocking details. It is told from multiple points of view, so it will be interesting to see how all the voices mesh. 





We Are the Goldens / Dana Reinhardt / May 27, 2014

A story about a girl who idolizes her older sister. Upon learning a secret about her sister the girl must decide how she is going to handle it. Will she continue to be the confidante she has always been, or will she falter under pressure and ruin their close relationship? This is a super short book, fewer than 200 pages that I think will be a fast, interesting read. 




Welcome to the Dark House / Laurie Faria Stolarz / July 22, 2014

I really loved Stolarz’s Blue if for Nightmare series and I can’t wait to start this story. The concept is very interesting, seven teens have won a contest to meet a famous horror director and things go a bit dark. To survive they have to face their darkest demons and nightmares.





The Wind is Not a River / Brian Payton / January 7, 2014

A historical fiction novel that tells the story of a husband and wife separated during World War II. John travels to Alaska to investigate the Japanese invasion of some Alaskan islands and is lost in the wilderness, fending for his life against the elements and trying to avoid detection from the enemy. Helen his wife is also trying to find her husband and bring him back home. I really like this time period and this seems like a really well written and interesting story. 




This starts the January 27th haul. 

The 5th Wave / Rick Yancey / May 7, 2013

I really like invasion stories and this one seems to be getting a lot of great reviews. I have been lusting after this book for so long and I am so excited to own it, in a very nice hardcover edition no less. I skimmed the first few pages and it is going to be amazing.






All the Truth That’s in Me / Julie Berry / September 26, 2013

This is another historical fiction about a young girl, Judith, who disappears with her best friend for two years. Only Judith returns, disfigured and unable to speak. When her town is attacked she must make the choice to recover her voice or keep her secrets and risk changing her world forever. 




Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea / April Genevieve Tucholke / August 15, 2013

First of all, I love this cover. I don’t usually gush over covers but for some reason this one just really appeals to me. Second, the Devil in stories really intrigues me. If this boy really turns out to be the devil I don’t even know how I will handle it. 





Champion / Marie Lu / November 5, 2013

I have no idea what this book is about because I don’t want to spoil the series for myself. I also got Prodigy which will be in a later STS, bus still need to get Legend so I can marathon read these! 






Children of the Revolution / Peter Robinson / August 15, 2013

This is the latest book in the long Inspector Banks series. I don’t know much about it, just that it is a mystery book and it seems like a very good series.







Feel free to leave a comment and let me know if any sound interesting to you or if you have read any of them. I can't wait to see some of your shelves!!

19 comments:

  1. I need to get round to reading Kim Harrison! My sister adores her work. I hope you enjoy all these. Have a good week!

    My StS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I. I am a little intimidated that I will have to play catch up with 11 books before I can even read the one I have, but that just means I will have a pretty easy choice when figuring out new books to read! Thanks, I will definitely check yours out!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE All The Truth That's in Me! I seriously couldn't put it down....I like read it one afternoon, lol! And I'd love to try the 5th Wave. It's getting quite famous and I'm quite behind. ;) My StS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really looking forward to both of those books!

      Thanks for stopping by, I will check your post out!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read The 5th Wave either yet, but I'm thinking about doing it during the summer. It seems to good to be passed! Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea was a really interesting read in that sense that I'm still not sure (after a week of reading it) how I feel about it. I think it's one of those books you either love or hate, for me it was both of them. :) Happy reading and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely know the feeling of not really having the best clue as to how you feel about a book, it is the worst! I am looking forward to it though and hope I like it enough to at least see what happens in the second one.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. We Are the Goldens sounds pretty interesting!
    The 5th Wave is SO GOOD! Can't wait for the sequel.
    Happy reading and have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really excited about The 5th Wave, I feel like I have subconsciously been putting it off so I do not have to wait as long for the next one.

      You have a great weekend as well, thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I loved Champion and the 5th Wave soooo much!! You should read those first!! :)

    Angie
    My STS/Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, thank you for posting The Truth That's In Me! I saw it at my local bookstore and couldn't remember the name of author of it. I've added it to my Goodreads list now.

    ★ Under The Mountain is Un-Stacking Her Shelves ★

    ReplyDelete
  7. Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea is a book I've been wanting to get my hands on for awhile. I hope it's as good as it sounds! My STS

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have most of these books, but haven't gotten around to reading them, like 5th Wave! I've seen Kim Harrison's book being discussed on a Youtube book haul, so I'm checking that out. Awesome stack!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice haul. I really enjoyed Champion, it was a great ending to the series. I have heard so many amazing things about The 5th Wave, I hope to read that one myself soon. I hope you enjoy all of your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The 5th Wave! YES. I LOVED it. So jealous of Welcome to The Dark House, so can't wait to read it! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, great haul! That Welcome to the Dark House sounds really good, I just added it to my TBR list on Goodreads. I've heard such great things about The 5th Wave but have yet to read it.
    Check out my STS.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am looking forward to all of them! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also haven't started the Hollows yet but everyone says I should. Putting the first book on my TBR list today. I hope it lives up to the hype. Enjoy your books. Following via Bloglovin.
    Laura
    http://thebooknerd2013.blogspot.com/2014/03/stacking-shelves-march-292014.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved the 5th Wave so much! I hope you love it too!

    ReplyDelete