Pulseit.com, which is an online community geared towards teen book readers, is a site that has a new book available to read every week. Some past titles include, Uglies by Scott Westerfeld, Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare, and The Silver Star by Jeannette Walls. I highly suggest that you sign up for this site, it is a great way to discover old and new titles alike.
The best thing that is happening on it right now is that instead of doing one book a week, they are doing a 31 Days of Reading extravaganza. This means one book a day for the whole month of December. While, that is a lot of books that are readily available, there is a drawback to this, you only get that day to read the assigned book. So, for fast readers, or people, like me, who have some time on their hands, this is a great opportunity. The most frustrating part of it is that if you do not finish the book within the 24 hours available, then you are unfortunately out of luck.
But, I think that this is still a great opportunity for people to discover new reads that they might not have thought of or known about. If you know that you will not be able to read whole book in the time allotted, I suggests still checking it out. Maybe read the first few chapters to see if it is something you are interested in, if it is there are other ways for you to find the books. I know that when I saw the list I checked to see if my library system had any of the books available. I was in luck! I was able to find 27 out of the 31 books in the system. If that is not an option for you, by reading the first chapter, or five, you can get an idea of whether or not the book is worth purchasing.
To have access to the 31 Days of Reading extravaganza you will need to sign up here, it is very easy and totally worth it!
Pulseit.com's #31daysofreading schedule:
- December 1: Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
- December 2: Precious Blood by Tonya Hurley
- December 3: Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger
- December 4: The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse
- December 5: Unwind by Neal Shusterman
- December 6: Blood Red Road by Moira Young
- December 7: Fault Line by C. Desir
- December 8: Maid of Secrets by Jennifer McGowan
- December 9: Linked by Imogen Howson
- December 10: Crash by Lisa McMann
- December 11: Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry
- December 12: Two-Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt
- December 13: Winger by Andrew Smith
- December 14: Wither by Lauren DeStefano
- December 15: Golden by Jessi Kirby
- December 16: Letting Ana Go by Anonymous
- December 17: Haven by Kristi Cook
- December 18: Honey, Baby, Sweetheart by Deb Caletti
- December 19: The Book of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler
- December 20: Burn for Burn by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian
- December 21: The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
- December 22: Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
- December 23: Changeling by Philippa Gregory
- December 24: Pathfinder by Orson Scott Card
- December 25: Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
- December 26: The Program by Suzanne Young
- December 27: Poison Princess by Kresley Cole
- December 28: Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
- December 29: The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer
- December 30: Just Like Fate by Cat Patrick & Suzanne Young
- December 31: Read The Bane Chronicles: What Really Happened in Peru by Cassandra Clare & Sarah Rees Brennan & enter to win The Shadowhunter's Codex by Cassandra Clare & Joshua Lewis
So, there you have it. Leave some comments if you partake in any pulseit reading, I know I will, and let me know what you think of everything.