Thursday, January 23, 2014

Accidentally in Love with ... A God? by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff

Title: Accidentally in Love with... a God?
Author: Mimi Jean Pamfiloff
Published: March 5, 2013
Series?: Accidentally Yours #1
Format Read/Pages: eBook/288
How I Acquired It: NetGalley
Date Finished: December 26, 2013

Trapped for decades, a powerful god seeks freedom ... and revenge. But the only thing that can save him is the passion of a woman's touch …

Emma Keane is your average city girl trying to get a date. There's just one thing holding her back: the disembodied male voice speaking to her through her mind. Sound kind of crazy? Maybe. But crazy turns downright deadly when the voice persuades her to travel to the wilds of the Mayan jungle. There she will free his body-his incredibly hot, muscled, naked body.

Humans are so frail, so undisciplined, so susceptible to love. And when this ancient being connects with Emma, the feelings she sparks drive him utterly mad. Protective, keep-her-close, never-let-her-go kind of mad. Which might not be such a bad thing because from the moment the beautiful, passionate Emma unshackles his body, they are hunted at every turn. Now he'll have to do everything in his power to keep her safe. But will it be enough?

~

I was torn when reading this, I really wanted to like the characters and plot, but there was something about it that just made me feel meh. It was all entertaining enough, but I could not really devote myself to the story because it was a bit all over the place. The over arcing story was told in a bit of an odd way, that made it hard for me to connect with it all, even the information on the gods was hard to come by, which I think could have made the story more entertaining, to know more about these deities and their escapades.  

Emma was hard to stand at times, her back and forth on whether Guy’s controlling and jealous actions made me want to yell at her and tell her to make up her mind. Either tell him to shove off or accept it. But please, stop complaining about it. Some of what happened was very predictable, especially what happened between Tommaso and Emma, as well as who would ultimately betray them.

Overall, it was an okay read, I did not dislike it. I enjoyed the writing and witty remarks. I just could not get too invested in the love story, as I did not feel as though the two leads were right for each other. I am also confused as to how the whole series works. Are they all companion novels and novellas? Or are there sequels mixed in? I don’t really know. I might check out another one just to find out, and see if I like the protagonists better than I did in this one. 

3 Stars

Further reading in the Accidentally Yours series:
  1. Accidentally in Love with...a God?
  2. Accidentally Married to...a Vampire?
  3. Sun God Seeks...Surrogate?
  4. Accidentally...Evil? (a Novella)
  5. Vampires Need Not...Apply?
  6. Accidentally...Cimil? (a Novella)
  7. Accidentally...Over? (Coming in August2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment